Sunday, September 22, 2013

To the wonder - Terrence Malick

I chose to do my weekly review on "To the Wonder", a movie by the one, the only, the great Terrence Malick. As a very very very big fan of his work, I've been wanting to see this movie in ages but just couldn't find the time. Finally, I did. And I wasn't disappointed.

If you're looking for a lot of action, I wouldn't advise this movie to you because as many of Malick's movies, it's all about the beauty of the moment, gestures and silences. Almost no script, it's as you were looking at a moving piece of art. An amazing piece of art. I was captivated from the very beginning. I think his movies have the ability of touching anyone who watches it with attention. Of course, if you try to understand it, it becomes a little complicated. Everything is suggested, nothing is shown, only symbolism. Each one can interpret it as he wants. 

In a few words, To the wonder is a complex and tragic love story. It's a one of a kind movie that can be hard to enjoy but i loved it and advise it to any dreamer or lovers of beautiful pictures.


to_the_wonder_ver5_xlg.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment