Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Film review of the week - Crash by Paul Haggis


Okay guys, English is not my main language so excuse me in advance for all  the spelling mistakes, I did my best haha. 

 I recently watched (for the third time) this movie called Crash. It was directed by Paul Haggis. Ring a bell ? I'll refresh your memory. What if I say Million Dollar Baby or Quantum of Solace ? Now you know who I'm talking about. Anyway, I absolutely love this movie. Now I'll try to explain why.

   The movie takes place in Los Angeles. The city "where people never touch". Throughout the whole movie, lives of very various characters will intertwine. All are part of different ethnic groups, blacks, whites, latinos, asians, cops or attorneys, thieves or immigrants, rich or poor. However they have one thing in common: racism. Victims or oppressors, they all end up guilty.  It contains hurt, cruelty and darkness, but this movie is all about second chances. 

    The camera work is beautiful, every picture is like a painting (and for that it got the Oscar for the best motion picture). The actors performances are very intense and on top of it all comes a magical soundtrack. 

   This movie is fascinating, unpredictable, beautiful and has the ability of reaching your soul, but it mainly is a message of hope.

Here's the link for the preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=durNwe9pL0E


... 


No comments:

Post a Comment